Terese (Terry) Schulman, Ph.D.
Individuals · Young Adults · Adults · Older Adults
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
License No: LCS 5221
About My Practice
Beginning therapy can be daunting. However, many of the people I’ve worked with have found that it is a relief to unburden themselves to me and to get started on making some sense of the problems that have bothered them for a long time. In our sessions, we work to deepen what you know about yourself, working at a pace that feels comfortable.
Long standing negative beliefs and fears that you have about yourself and the role they’ve had in shaping you become clearer. We will work together to understand how these beliefs and fears have created obstacles to feeling more connected to yourself and others or to reach important life goals that until now seemed out of reach.
Helping you find ways to solve long-standing problems is the goal of our work. As you come to understand more about yourself, you’ll feel a growing sense of comfort, strength and ability to make good choices for yourself that lead to a better life.
- Helping you to articulate what you want in life in regard to partners, parenting, friendships and enjoyable work.
- Developing the ability to nurture the relationships with family and friends that best support you and let go of relationships that do not.
- Helping you to decide whether or not becoming a parent is for you.
- Helping individuals or couples face the painful emotions and difficult decisions that accompany infertility.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Social Work, California Institute for Clinical Social Work, 1999
- Post-Graduate Fellowship, Mt. Zion Hospital Psychiatric Department, 1973-75.
- M.S. in Clinical Social Work, University of Illinois, 1973.
Experience / Training:
More than 30 years of experience doing psychotherapy with individuals and couples. Continuing post-doctoral education in psychotherapy. Teaching and supervision of mental health graduate students.
Professional Affiliations / Activities
- California Society of Clinical Social Workers
- Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work
- Teaching psychotherapy
Terese Schulman, Ph.D.
- (510) 655-3975
Oakland, CA 94618 21 Tamal Vista, Suite 216
Corte Madera, CA 94925